Well I just thought I would take the time to update on what I have been up to lately!! Not that it's exciting...but there are some good moments! I have been fairly busy with school, work, and my new calling in PRIMARY!! Yes Primary-Teaching a group of 5 year olds! It is so fun working with them! They are all so darn cute....and indeed can be little farts sometimes! ;) I have a set of twins in my class, cute as can be but are quite a handful together! I can picture a bit of what my grandma went through with my dad and his twin. Anyways all the other kids in my class are just so cute too! There is one little boy who always tells me about his moms dilemmas (sp?) of the week (if only she knew the things he has told me! :) ) I am going to list just a couple things they have said or have done since I have been there
-One of the boys was picking his nose and as I was telling him to stop and reaching for a tissue, I look up to find he has yes, indeed, wiped it on another boys pants!!! It wasn't any pick-n-flick thing, it was a full on wipe of the booger. I was officially grossed out!
-This last sunday we had our Primary Program--the kids were totally wiped out at the end, so the presidency put on a movie and gave them popcorn (which get them real excited)--it was great! Except for the fact that due to the craziness of the day the kids were nuts! I got through two paragraphs of my lesson, if that! I gave them a piece of paper to draw an act of service, yeah, I ended up with 7 paper airplanes. :) Let's just say...they didn't get there treat this week.
This last week I have learned the appreciation for sleep!! :) I had a killer (truly killer) toothache all week! I didn't sleep, couldn't sleep, was on lots of Lortab :) and in the end, had a root canal. It was a terrible week! The Pain started on Sunday Night (16th) so I took some Ibuprofen and it worked for like an hour and the pain was back! My dentist wasn't in on monday, but called me in a presciption for pain killers, it worked during the day but not at night! Tuesday: Went and saw Dr. Wahlen and he found nothing on the x-ray so told me to hang in there and if it got worse to call him. Wednesday: Didn't sleep again. Woke up majorly swollen on chin/jaw area. I called him first thing, however he was completely booked and couldn't see me until Thursday-Just lovely. But the pain wasn't so bad...I soon learned it wasn't because of the swelling. Tatiana told him that night I was swollen and he called in a prescription for an Antibiotic. Thursday: Woke even more swollen, didn't sleep, my mom (bless her heart for dealing with me all week! I love her!) who stayed home with me Called Dr. Wahlen and told him how bad it all was and He mad me an appointment for that day with an Endodontist (aka: a root canal specialist). I only had to wait all day to get in but hey I sure do appreciate him now! I was so amazed at how it was done, he used a microscope to get as good of view as possible, it took about 45 minutes! I have to go back for him to finish, but the pain is gone and I feel great! Did I mention He gave me two prescriptions to get filled, Penicillin and some other meds for the swelling, and some more Lortab! We knew the people at the pharmacy well after going 5 times in one week! :)
Well if you read this whole thing...bless you. I don't know if I would have! Well I will get some pictures up soon!
1 comment:
Oh, I'm SO HAPPY you're in Primary. It truly does have a special place in my heart and if you ask me, it's the best place to serve in the entire church!! It's become such a spiritual boost for me and I'm so happy you get to be with them too! Enjoy it!
~Chandi
Post a Comment